2015. április 30., csütörtök

If I Saw This Truck Going Down The Road, I"d Do A Double Take... Because It"s Simply Unbelievable.

A Canadian ice sculpture company called Iceculture took on an incredible challenge recently. The result is pretty much unbelievable.


Canadian Tire, a battery company, wanted to showcase just how well their batteries hold up in the cold. The best way to do that? Build an 11,000+ pound, fully functional and driveable ice truck.




Every part of the truck that is not absolutely necessary for driving is made of ice.





It was built in extremely freezing temperatures.





There’s 11,000 pounds of ice. The total weight is more than 15,000 pounds.





The incredible “sculpture” was built on a 2005 Chevy Silverado frame.





And the best part? They drove it.





They drove it over 2.5 miles in total and submitted the feat to Guinness Book of World Records.





As stated, the truck was created to demonstrate how well Canadian Tire’s batteries hold up in the blistering cold Canadian winters.





The result was much more impressive than that.





Even the windshield is made of ice. Phenomenal work.




I guess the only depressing part to this is that they left it to melt after accomplishing what they wanted – that took 40 hours. I think, if I was capable of sculpting something like this, I would sadly watch it, drowning in my own sorrow… and cold water.


Here’s a video of the truck if you’re interested.




Source


Unbelievable. Share this with others. Maybe build your own.

Read more: http://viralnova.com/ice-truck/



If I Saw This Truck Going Down The Road, I"d Do A Double Take... Because It"s Simply Unbelievable.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése